As promised, I’m following up my Minecraft Birthday Party post with instructions and printables for our super successful Minecraft Birthday Cake Scavenger Hunt and T-Shirt Party favor.
First up, here is the down low on the Minecraft Scavenger Hunt. I debated for a long time about whether they should find an assortment of random items for their inventory, or do something more specific. I decided to have the kids look for the ingredients to make cake. It was a birthday party after all. I also had them look for ingredients to make candles. In this case I modified the recipe for a torch, making the recipe 2 sticks and 1 coal. Technically it should be 1 stick and 1 coal, but in Minecraft that gives you 4 torches. I needed more candles/torches. So, if your kid is turning 8, you could double the torch recipe, but for odd numbers like 7, 9 or even 10, you have to approximate.
DIY: Minecraft Scavenger Hunt Instructions
1) Print Recipes.
2) Tape up Recipes so that kids who are not as familiar with Minecraft know what to look for.
3) Print Ingredient Cards on stock paper, you don’t want these to be flimsy.
4) Trim the Ingredient Card sheets into 4. Faint lines are provided for cutting ease.
5) Hide the Ingredient Cards around your house or backyard.
6) Instruct the kids on what to look for, emphasizing that it’s a team effort to “make” the birthday cake
7) Once all the Ingredients have been found, bring out the cake.
Download Ingredient Cards Here.
DIY: Minecraft T-shirt Party Favor Instructions:
1) Print Creeper faces onto Iron on Transfer Paper
2) Trim printed images
3) Iron on according to instruction provided with your Iron on Transfer Paper
Download 2×2 Minecraft Creeper Images here.
N.B.: There are some Iron On Papers that print the image as a mirror, some that do not. In the case of the creeper design, it doesn’t matter. However, if you are using a different design where direction is important, pay close attention to the instruction provided with your particular brand of iron on paper.